Background

Monday, July 9, 2012

Surprise Party...For Your Birthday!

Oh Gracie how you have changed in the past few months!  Things here have been so busy but you have remained the cutest joy in our lives.

You've really started talking, much to our relief.  Last night I said you had to brush your teeth & you told me "you're mean!" but then obliged.  Guess I should get used to you voicing dissent.  It won't always be praise, right?

Today your daddy came home & you greeted him at the door as always.  You've taken to calling him Papa, which threw him initially since he's your daddy & not your grandfather.  You love the Berenstain Bears though so you know Mama & Papa from that. 

As you were greeting your daddy (Papa), I called for you that I had a surprise for you.  I had cut an orange into a flower shape the way they do at our favorite sushi restaurant.  It's gotten you to eat oranges so I was excited to try it at home.  You came running up the stairs, turned to your dad and yelled "SURPRISE DADDY!" then "FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!" 

It was so sweet.  Of course your daddy just beamed & told you thank you.  I handed you the plate with the orange & you said "Wow!" then turned to him and said "Surprise for you!  For your birthday!"  He told you, "That's for you Grace" and you corrected him saying, "AND you!" 

We all shared the orange together in honor of your daddy's birthday.  Seeing as how his big day isn't until December, it truly was a surprise party.  Well done baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment