Background

Saturday, July 14, 2012

103 is My Least Favorite Number

Good morning baby!  We had a very rough night.  You've been so sick this week. You fell asleep at 11 & I checked your temperature twice before I went to bed at 11:30.  Both times you were about 100 degrees.  At midnight I had a strong urge to get up and check you again, even though I felt a bit silly and like a big nervous mother.  Your temp was up to 103!  They say 104 is the temperature to take you in at so of course I wanted to keep checking you every five minutes.  You just wanted to sleep without me scanning your forehead.

I made you wake up to take motrin and you were not impressed.  I ended up calling the dr's after hours number while I was waiting on the motrin to kick in.  Since you've been sick all week, I wasn't sure if you should go in at 103.  They had been talking about doing bloodwork with you.  While I was on the phone with the dr, your temp dropped to 101.4, making me feel a bit silly for calling.  I checked you one last time (101.8) and headed to bed.

This morning you have no fever at all!  It's the first time in 3 days!  You seem miserable though.  I called my mom (because that's what you do as a mom, you call your mom) and she said you're probably just wore out from fighting whatever you've had & that you're really starting to feel better but you're just tired now.  Crossing my fingers she's right!

Off to go snuggle more with you!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment