Background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Brazilian Feijoada

Grace,

You're always helping me in the kitchen.  Always.  We attempted this Brazilian Feijoada (pronounced fay-ZWAH-da) last week.  I love your style.  When we were browning the first of the meats, the fat was jumping in the pan.  Not one to like grease splatters, you came up with a fashionable solution:  your winter coat!

Stirring the pork shoulder from a distance where it's "safe."

Getting right in there and working hard!

Working on your spoon skills with the pork shoulder.
Cutting an onion with a butter knife on your cutting board while I work on my own.

The focus and concentration!

Still working hard on your onion while the beef short ribs sear.


You insisted on trying the sharp knife!

Back to work on your own onion & butter knife but you insisted on using my cutting board.

Washing dishes while I keep cooking.


There are two ingredients mommy won't touch with her bare hands:  turkey necks & smoked pigs feet!

See how nice I plated your meal?

All that work and you only ate your rice!  Never touched the rest.
     You thought the rice was delicious.  We loved the whole meal but I should have known your love of rice would keep you from even attempting to eat anything else on your plate.  That's okay.  We'll make it again & you can try it then.  Thanks for all the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment